In this topic, we will be looking at inspirational dad quotes to renew our love for our fathers. Let’s start by looking at Proverbs 23:24 which reads “The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him.”
Father – the same title with which we address our God. The very fact that God wishes to relate to us through fatherhood goes to show just how significant a father is to a family. In fact, a more accurate translation for the word “Abba” (often used in the Bible when addressing God as our Father) is actually Daddy. This shows that God not only wants to be our father, but also wants a personal relationship with us His sons.
Similarly, our earthly fathers also play an important role in our lives. As a vital pillar in the building of a family, a good father extends his influence on his children far beyond childhood.
As the provider for the family, a father works diligently and willingly to support the entire family. Without an ounce of complaint, he uses all his available resources to give the very best to his family.
As a counsellor and guide, a father leads by example and provides a role model for his children to follow. Yet at the same time, he always has an open ear for any troubles and complains his children might have.
As a bodyguard, a father is always ready to pounce into position and protect his family against anyone who dares to threaten them (although sometimes he may tend to be a little over-protective).
Most importantly, as a parent and a husband, a father spends whatever time he has to develop a beautiful relationship with his family, one that makes all his efforts and sacrifices worthwhile.
Therefore, the inspirational quotes on fathers below are specially selected to renew the appreciation for our fathers and what they mean to us. Let them rekindle the love for these special men to whom we call “Father”.
Inspirational Dad Quotes
1. Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! – Lydia M. Child
2. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. – Johann Schiller
3. When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. – Mark Twain
4. There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. – John Gregory Brown
5. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. – Enid Bagnold
6. Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown. – Author Unknown
7. The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad! – Author Unknown
8. Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. – Author Unknown
9. Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. – Bill Cosby
10. He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. – Clarence Budington Kelland
11. One father is more than a hundred Schoolemasters. – George Herbert
12. A father carries pictures where his money used to be. – Author Unknown
13. Father! – to God himself we cannot give a holier name. – William Wordsworth