Powerful Family Inspirational Quotes To Inspire You
In this post, we will be looking at family inspirational quotes to warm your heart and inspire your family. Genesis 2:18 - "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
The above verse is the very beginning of family life which is part of God's plan for humanity. From the fist pair of husband and wife, came the rest of humanity. This verse is significant as it also indicates that man was not meant to be alone. We were never created to live as a lonely island, but instead to be part of a loving community.
Yet, in our lives nowadays, family seems to be getting less and less important. Instead, we often put more focus in our careers, entertainment, social life, and many other distractions. But what would all these mean to us, if we have no family to share them with?
The Bible itself has much to say about the importance of family, and how every member has a part to play in maintaining a harmonious kinship. In fact, the very first commandment that talks about human morals and proper behavior is “honor your father and mother”. This goes to show just how significant family really is in our lives.
Therefore, the collection of inspirational family quotes is shown below in hopes of rekindling the love for our families. These beautiful words remind us of just how important our families are to us, and fills our hearts with warmth and a sense of renewed love.
So go ahead and enjoy these inspiring family quotes. They were specially selected as they are my favorites, and are really meaningful to me. I hope you’ll like them as well.
Family Inspirational Quotes
1. You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. - Desmond Tutu
2. Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home. - Anthony Liccione
3. Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. - Brad Henry
4. At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. - Mark V. Olsen
5. It doesn't take money to turn off the television and cultivate real bonding time. - Marianne Williamson
6. Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. - Anthony Brandt
7. We must take care of our families wherever we find them. - Elizabeth Gilbert
8. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. - Lee Iacocca
9. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. - Richard Bach
10. My mother always read to me as a child. I really believe that bonding time between a parent and child is so important and precious. I have lasting memories of those stories because the experience was special. - Mary Engelbreit
11. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. - Jane Howard
12. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
13. When we think of our family, our spouse, parents, or children, let us see them as a gift from God. - Dillon Burroughs
14. Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. - Virginia Satir
15. There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of humans, are created, strengthened and maintained. - Winston Churchill
16. No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished? - Elbert Hubbard
17. A house is built by hands, but a home is built by heart. - Anonymous
18. We cannot destroy kindred: our chains stretch a little sometimes, but they never break. - Marquise de Sevigne
19. Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing. - Jim Rohn
20. The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn't intended. - Robert Frost
21. I've been so fortunate in my life that my family has never been jealous of my success. They have shown true love and commitment to me by being supportive. They shared in it. - Mike Krzyzewski
22. Everything I have, my career, my success, my family, I owe to America. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. - Henry Ward Beecher
24. Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. - Paul Pearsall
25. The most important thing in the world is family and love. - John Wooden
26. Always kiss your children goodnight – even if they're already asleep. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
27. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. - Confucius
28. Family is not an important thing. It's everything. - Michael J. Fox
29. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. - Barbara Busha
We hope that you have been blessed by collection of family inspirational quotes. For more inspiring and motivational quotes and sayings, check our quotes page for recent inspirational quotes and bible verses.